Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Impala is leaking coolant but I do not see where it is coming from. There is not a "milky" consistency in the oil. When Keep the radiator and coolant tank full, the temperature remains the same without overheating. I'm thinking there is a slow leak somewhere. Also, I have no heat from the heater in the morning but there is heat in the afternoon.
HOW DO I FIND OUT IF THE HEATER CORE REPAIR IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY? MY CAR IS AT 60,000 MILES.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My '04 Impala is leaking coolant but I do not see where it is coming from. There is not a "milky" consistency in the oil. When Keep the radiator and coolant tank full, the temperature remains the same without overheating. I'm thinking there is a slow leak somewhere. Also, I have no heat from the heater in the morning but there is heat in the afternoon.
HOW DO I FIND OUT IF THE HEATER CORE REPAIR IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY? MY CAR IS AT 60,000 MILES.
Defanitly sounds like a heater core. Does the air that blows out smell/taste sweet?

Call your local GM service center. I believe the car is out of warranty but only you and they would know that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When the car is low on coolant, it won't have heat.

Could be any number of things - you'll have to get it checked out professionally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts