Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my startup it misfires occassionally, is this normal or is there a problem I should be looking for. I had the dealership run a check on the system and they said my problem was my gas cap was on wrong. But I remedied that and I am still having occassional mifires. please reply if anyone else is having a similar problem with their pontiac

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well no offense but those cars are known to break down after a while. well dealerships are only out to get money so i suggest u find ur self a good mechanic quick. maybe you're spark plugs are loose or something.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a loose fuel cap should not cause misfire at idle or startup. they may have retrieved a dtc for the evap system to cause them to suggest this but it is unlikely this would cause your symptom. generally with an evap code the procedure requires you to clear the code and let the computer run its monitors again to see if the code sets again. the dealership can use the scan tool while the engine is running to review current and history misfire records for each cylinder allowing you to pinpoint an intermittent plug, wire, or coil defect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts