Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quoted $1,545 to replace my Thermostat & Water Pump along with some additional hoses, etc. How much would the AVERAGE MECHANIC CHARGE for this type of job?? I'm not asking how much you would spend on the parts to do it yourself. So including a $100 hourly rate and parts what do you think the total SHOULD BE? Cheers, Joe
Thanks wrenchbender! I live in San Francisco. So how many hours do you think it should realistically take to complete the entire job? 3-4 hours??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW! $100.00 an hour!, i hope your not going to take it there!. if i had your car, i would do it for $700.00, thats including the parts.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't know where you are living but 100 an hr is a joke. total job should be about 900.00 parts and labor unless you are forkin' around with the A/C.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! $100.00 an hour!, i hope your not going to take it there!. if i had your car, i would do it for $700.00, thats including the parts.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
hope theyre giving you (not your car) a lube job w/ that!
Thats about twice the price it should be

Just out of curiosity, whats wrong w/ the car, b/c if theyre quoting you 1600 to R&R the water pumpp+ t-stat, theyre soaking you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts