Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this may be a socially suicidal question here... but I was looking at the massive amount of trunk space I have the other day and this idea struck me

"man... you could fit lots of stuff back there... plenty of bodies, haha... or one of those big-ass tacky subs that makes the car shake but I hate those... or tools and stuff... air compressor.... well maybe an air compressor for air ride suspension or something..."

I don't want any crazy jumping hydraulics or any of that crap, just ride height adjustment. So has anyone done it on a 2003 Base model and what's the cost lookin' like? Positives and negatives of a mod like this?

again... possible social suicide here but I'm a risk taker :p thanks!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I personally think there is nothing wrong at all with air ride suspension... its cool, and the ride is comfortable as hell. The biggest issue is the cost involved. Air ride suspension is not the same as hydraulics that you would normally find on... as some would put it... 'black' cars (joking, guys)...

I think if you have the funds available and the means to do this, it would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally think there is nothing wrong at all with air ride suspension... its cool, and the ride is comfortable as hell. The biggest issue is the cost involved. Air ride suspension is not the same as hydraulics that you would normally find on... as some would put it... 'black' cars (joking, guys)...

I think if you have the funds available and the means to do this, it would be pretty sweet.
welllll that's the problem... right now I can't even afford a CD player to replace the cassette... XD

My girlfriend's brother is in a sick club of lowrider trucks- he's got a blue chevy S10 I think? I gotta check again but anyway, maybe he can help set me up

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Even if you do the labor yourself, the parts associated are a large expense... To be honest it probablly wont be a worth while project on your Impala... Still would be cool though.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^X2, except the black part......Hydraulics are Mexican. Lifts are black. Duh!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bahhhh whatever lol FINALLY got the motor put back together! I'm selling one of my guitars to pay for the registration hopefully soon (this week or next week). I put soooo much time into this ALREADY and I can't wait for the next adventure lol

air ride may be in the future seeing as I SHOULD have this car through the college years and maybe when I have my own family in the future, so I may just keep piling crap onto it (within reason :p) Pics will be up soon

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I like the air ride idea. I would like to be able to raise the car a little bit: 1/2 inch-1 inch in the winter (snow). But also agree, lots of $$ (2K+++) for a DD Impala.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts