Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's any nice plastic engine dress up parts or engine covers out there? I'd like to make it nicer looking. Not really for shows or anything, just in general.

Also, what's an "ok price" to get on some corvette badges to put on the pillars? thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I hope you don't mean Corvette badges but old style Impala flags. Maybe there isn't a difference, IDK. The badges you can do yourself. Buy the repos with the tape adheasive instead of posts and just remove the old and add the new. Don wrote up a how to in on a sticky above.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you don't mean Corvette badges but old style Impala flags. Maybe there isn't a difference, IDK. The badges you can do yourself. Buy the repos with the tape adheasive instead of posts and just remove the old and add the new. Don wrote up a how to in on a sticky above.
ehhh it was kinda a "whichever is cheaper" statement lol the only difference I see is the presence of the actual Impala over the two flags (the corvette is just the two flags)

I saw the write up and I'm gonna do that, just don't know where to get the badges from. eBay is a little iffy on that stuff. know any OEM websites or reproduction sites?

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Im pretty sure the red flag and the checkered flag are on opposite sides on the imp vs vette. and if you're looking for a cheaper option then oem wouldnt be an option haha

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im pretty sure the red flag and the checkered flag are on opposite sides on the imp vs vette. and if you're looking for a cheaper option then oem wouldnt be an option haha

...why did I say OEM? lol I just don't make sense sometimes :p

thanks... but yeah, any ideas on an engine dress up cover? Maybe another model's cover that could fit after maybe some cutting?

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
...why did I say OEM? lol I just don't make sense sometimes :p

thanks... but yeah, any ideas on an engine dress up cover? Maybe another model's cover that could fit after maybe some cutting?
i saw somewhere, i dont remember where, theres an engine cover for like a van or something with a 3400 that fits

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does anyone know if there's any nice plastic engine dress up parts or engine covers out there? I'd like to make it nicer looking. Not really for shows or anything, just in general.

Also, what's an "ok price" to get on some corvette badges to put on the pillars? thanks!
2001 Impala How To

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
thats fresh yo. what kinda paint did you use? i like how it shines and might do my own...not in your colors tho :D any prep work or just clean and spray?

ty

ya degrease+brake cleaner+ hand dry w/ paper towels, then adhesion promoter (avail @ autozone in paint section) plastic primer then hit it w/ rattle can touch up to match the car,the letters are done in the bottle/brush version, although i hear nail polish holds up just as well (raid the better half's supply lol)

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you could always buy an intake from a j/y and polish it up
I was going to but I dunno.

also, quick question- I'd prefer a cover that's pretty flat and easy to put a design on (You may think it's tacky, but I'm going to paint on an Autobots logo because I have a bunch of friends that are doing it too) the one you got a picture of has the lums in it to accomodate for the intake under it, but I just have the basic boring intake on the 3.4L lol

got any good ideas for that?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
ty

ya degrease+brake cleaner+ hand dry w/ paper towels, then adhesion promoter (avail @ autozone in paint section) plastic primer then hit it w/ rattle can touch up to match the car,the letters are done in the bottle/brush version, although i hear nail polish holds up just as well (raid the better half's supply lol)
that's pretty impressive results for such little effort. I'm impressed how smooth the silver is...Well done good sir! :eek:k3::eek:k3::beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts