Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about replacing the instrument cluster in my 03 with one out of an LS model. I like having a tach. My only problem is I don't want to have the wrong odometer reading on there. I haven't been able to find a good answer as to how I can change the reading. Is it possible with an eeprom programmer? Or do I have to buy one of those OBD II tools? Or is it even possible at all to do at home?

EDIT: I ended up going to a parts yard and looking for an LS model Impala with the tach. I found one, but it had 50k less miles than mine and I wanted to get as close to my mileage as possible. I ended up finding a base model Impala, but someone had installed an SS cluster into it. It was only around 250 miles more than my car so I got it. Now I have voltage and tach. And also oil pressure, although my car doesn't have the oil pressure sensor so that gauge does nothing. But still it looks amazing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
CE Rimmer
Ph 270-993-9533

Call this outfit.
Ask to speak with Mr. Rimmer. Tell him Lt. Cmdr. Massey recommended you call him.
They usually do whatever you need to YOUR speedo.
But, explain to him how you'd like to add the Oil Press Gauge, ... and maybe do some refacing or lighting.
He ... might ... have a speedo all done and never picked-up by the owner sitting on a shelf he's anxious to sell or swap for yours and a modest fee plus shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts