Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the wiring harness for my 2003 impala to convert my stock radio over to my dual XDVD8181 touch screen unit. I found something from scoche that seems to work, but was wondering if there was a way i could do this that someone else knows? I am going to be hooking up 2 kicker subs and a sony xplod 1000w amp.

I have read up on some of the past articles and I dont need the stereo unit to control my status lights or anything but the door beeper, so no problems there.

Let me know, anything is helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
YOUR QUESTION IS VERY CONFUSING AND W/ ALL THE STUFF THAT COULD GO WRONG U MIGHT AS WELL TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT WAY U HAVE A WARRANTY IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG ( WIRING FIRE ETC ) I ALSO HAVE A DUAL TOUCHSCREEN IN MY 95 ALL INSTALLED MYSELF THOUGH :biggrin:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Metra electronics makes some good harnesses which is what I used for my Pioneer In-dash. The GM-OS4 is the one for onstar and integrated factory amp which also keeps all of the warning chimes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Metra electronics makes some good harnesses which is what I used for my Pioneer In-dash. The GM-OS4 is the one for onstar and integrated factory amp which also keeps all of the warning chimes.
can u tell me where u got ur harness or atleast the model number of it...i dnt have onstar on my 00 impala!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i just installed one today and you have to play with the little volume thing or your stereo will be very quiet. so make sure it works before you hook everything back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts