Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 03 impala LS with the V6 with 53K miles. It seems to be missing bad and not running right. It even cut off on several occations and didn't want to start again. I have changed the fuel filter and put some dry gas in and it still doesn't want to run right. Does any one have any ideas as to where to go from here? Also the check engine light has come on as well. Please help if you can.

Thanks, ncbound

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it into the local dealer and had them check it out. Found the Mass Air Sensor was fried. Parts and labor and out the door $325. I am just glad that it wasn't the fuel pump or something else. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Took it into the local dealer and had them check it out. Found the Mass Air Sensor was fried. Parts and labor and out the door $325. I am just glad that it wasn't the fuel pump or something else. Thanks for the help.
OUCH $325 for a 15 min job :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it sucked. I live out in the boonies and the closest autozone is like 30 miles, and the dealer is only 9. I thought for sure it was bad gas or something along those lines. Who would of thought a stinking air sensor will kill the motor and make it run like it only had 4 cylenders..... Oh well at least it's cheaper to drive than the H2.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Gotta love goin to the stealership to have your work done. The majority of that price was just for the part. I had the same problem about a year ago on my 02 LS and the dealership i went to at the time tried to tell me it was gonna be over 500.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had the same problem with first impala, and I figured it needed a cat, so it was under warranty so I sent it to the chevy dealer, since I worked at a buick dealer and wasn't allowed to do it myself. They thought it was a cat to, put it in and it still ran like crap. Unplugged the MAF sensor and it ran fine. Replaced the MAF for about $200 my cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts