Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, so hello everyone! I have a question about side mirrors. I ordered a replacment passenger side mirror for my 2003 impala and they sent me one for a 2005 (that's what the ticket says). There is a plug sticking out of the side of my car has four wires going into it and it does not look like the plug sticking out of the mirror I received, which has 3 wires and 6 holes. I tried to post pictures but the forum won't allow me to until I've posted 5 times :frown:... Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm really confused. Thanks.

--kortex.

·
Registered
657 Posts
im just taking a shot in the dark here, but it sounds like you got a heated mirror as a replacement, and you didn't originally have them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am now allowed to post images! Would the heated mirror have 3 wires or 4?
Here they are:

Picture 1: What's sticking out of my car

Picture 2: What's sticking out of the new mirror:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Neither. A heated mirror would have 6, like the pigtail shows on your mirror.

Return the mirror and tell them you don't have a heated setup, or cut the pigtail off and hard wire it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it has 6 holes in the harness there but only 3 of them have wires coming out...Does that change anything?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the base 3.4L impala. That did not come with heated mirrors right? The mirror itself would have some sort of symbol on it right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks I appreciate it. The company is picking it up. They are terrible. First they sent me the wrong color and now the wrong year. Plus, the guy I'm dealing with really sounds like he's on...something. Don't deal with them, LKQ autoparts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts