Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my turn signals, they work but are dim. My message center says High Beam Out but my lights are working. Help!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I am having an issue with my turn signals, they work but are dim. My message center says High Beam Out but my lights are working. Help!

Dim bulb performance usually indicates a bad ground, or a corroded socket.

Remove the turn signal bulbs and examine the inside of the sockets. If not too corroded, you can clean them with electrical contacts cleaner (and clean the base of the bulbs). Reinstall with a small amount of dielectric grease (available for about $1 in many auto parts’ stores in “ketchup pack” style packs).

Following the wiring harness that from the headlamp capsule. Usually the left and right are separate, and plug into a front, cross car wiring harness. Remove the electrical connectors and examine them - clean as above. You may have remove some items, or follow the wiring harness path with a mirror.

Remove the high beam bulb and examine the socket. Clean as above.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you installed aftermarket LED headlight bulbs by chance?

I did and am having the High Beam Out issue as well. I'm told I need to buy some sort of intermediary box to cure the problem. I'm considering simply converting back to standard bulbs to alleviate the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts