Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2003 impala which we had in to get the intake gasket replaced.

After getting it back, I was driving to work and noticed the auto-headlights turn off then back on, but only once. That same night, after driving about 30-35min, the headlights did that again, and continued to do so. The "service engine soon light" also came on. I pulled the knob to manually turn on headlights, which stopped the flickering lights, but the "door ajar" warning then came on with the power locks repeatedely locking on their own. We took the car in to a dealer who found nothing. I drove the car the next day to work to reproduce the problem and had the same thing happen after driving for about 30-35min, both to and from work. Once the car cools down, the problem goes away and the car is fine.

Seen a lot about BCM, but many times that didn't fix the problem and this seems temperature related. My wife has driven short trips in between without incident. Any advice is certainly appreciated.
Originally I thought maybe they forgot to connect a ground or something and suggested to the dealer they go back through the repair when I took it back. They said the mechanic walked back through it and didn't find anything.

I will check on my own to make sure. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem with 04

My wife has a 2003 impala which we had in to get the intake gasket replaced.

After getting it back, I was driving to work and noticed the auto-headlights turn off then back on, but only once. That same night, after driving about 30-35min, the headlights did that again, and continued to do so. The "service engine soon light" also came on. I pulled the knob to manually turn on headlights, which stopped the flickering lights, but the "door ajar" warning then came on with the power locks repeatedely locking on their own. We took the car in to a dealer who found nothing. I drove the car the next day to work to reproduce the problem and had the same thing happen after driving for about 30-35min, both to and from work. Once the car cools down, the problem goes away and the car is fine.

Seen a lot about BCM, but many times that didn't fix the problem and this seems temperature related. My wife has driven short trips in between without incident. Any advice is certainly appreciated.
Originally I thought maybe they forgot to connect a ground or something and suggested to the dealer they go back through the repair when I took it back. They said the mechanic walked back through it and didn't find anything.

I will check on my own to make sure. Thanks for the input.
I am having the same problem with an 04 Impala, did you find a solution?

·
Registered
657 Posts
im putting my money on a wacked-out BCM. they have a tendency to go crazy if you fart in the wrong direction for some reason. they are really fragile.

·
Registered
557 Posts
First of all its rare that a dealer would even drive a car longer than 5 mins to try to duplicate a concern, so its best if you can drive it and when it finally does it, take it to the dealer and get someone to drive with you. Also, there is a fuse block right next to the instrument panel on the left hand side. Pull that cover, when it does it tap on the fuse block. I had a similar concern and it turned out to be that fuse block. I've also delt with loose connections there. But I'll look into it further on the GM site. See what it says.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There's a bulletin for the main harness that comes up along the transmission. The bulletin says that the main harness is rubbing against a bolt on the A/C Dryer down under the air box. I've seen this happen before, that the harness rubbed through and wore out the wires, and I've had to repair the harness. Also, if its related to the intake. There is a possibility that the tech disconnected the battery cable, but didn't tighten it properly, also, there's a possibility of a loose ground cable, I would check all of those things first. If you need more info feel free to e-mail me or message me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts