Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mouse chew the wires that go to the fuel injection, the dealed found it during inspection and tried to sell me a new harness for1500 bucks, the damage is close to the plug socket ,,can these plugs ( that are on the injector) be taken apart and new wires soldered on ?? is their a place that just sell the plug sockets that i cab just change that section of wire ??
serious answers only

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hit up a junk yard for the harness, it will be tons cheaper, then you can splice the wires together

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,yes a auto wrecker,buy the harness you need there & have it installed (professionally) good luck

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me guess you have a 3.8 liter v6 engine & the mouse chewed on the fuel injector wires. I work at a chevy dealership & have seen this problem many times. To answer your question , yes these wires can be repaired. The thought of them charging you 1500 dollars for a new harness is completley ridiculous-they are trying to take advantage of you.This repair can be done by replacing terminals & soldering new sections of wire.I have done this repair many times.I suggest you find another place to have this repair done, they are trying to rip you off. I hope this helps you.GOOD LUCK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts