Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, MIL indicator threw a P0120 Maf / Vaf low input. I went to the junkyard today and pulled two MAF's. Both junkyard MAFs didn't kill the light or show correct readings on the datastream. I went to AutoZone and got a reman. That one didn't work either, it did the same thing as the other two. So at this point I'm going to guess I either have four bad MAFs, or something else is messed up. I checked the voltage at the wiring harness itself, and I am getting voltage at the pink and ground wire. I ran the car with the datastream and looked at it, sometimes it will show 0.00 or a constant around 0.50 which is the normal at idle. My guess that's just some value the PCM is pulling in from a prior good reading. Once in a while both the new/used MAF will show good readings, but it doesn't last long. The reman caused me to stall a couple times so I put the old one back in for now. Since I'm always getting good voltage at the wiring harness, I would suspect I don't have a problem in the wiring, but I'm stumped. Could the PCM be going bad? What else would you guys suggest (besides scrapping the 3.4 lol)?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The code was actually P0102. Anyways, I ran it with a datastream again, and got 0.00 readings on it. No vacuum leaks. Jiggled the wiring harness, no change. Then, I messed with the connector itself, I got a reading for a few seconds, then nothing. I checked the voltage again on the pink wire, and I'm getting nothing. I ordered a new connector (AC DELCO part # PT1604) - Should be here in a couple days. If that solves the problem I'll post an update.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Bet it will, but fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the new connector tonight. Spliced/wired it in. I got good readings from the datastream at idle and while driving. Hopefully that does the trick. The odd thing was that I did get 12 V readings from the pink wire, but it was cutting in and out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help!!

Got the new connector tonight. Spliced/wired it in. I got good readings from the datastream at idle and while driving. Hopefully that does the trick. The odd thing was that I did get 12 V readings from the pink wire, but it was cutting in and out.

DID THIS KILL YOUR PROBLEM? I HAVE REPLACED MY MAF SENSOR TWICE BUT THE CODE PERSISTS AND CAR STILL ACTS FUNNY..? ITS THE ONLY CODE. [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same code. Cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaning spray, but didn't help. Ended up having to buy a new one. Code went away after a ten mile drive and engine runs fine now. Cost me $130, but a very easy install.

2002 Impala 3.8L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts