Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have a 2002 Chevy Impala. I know the wipers arent made to move snow, but i figured I would give it a try anyway... So now my wipers park in the upright "outwipe" position. I have done alot of reading and see all types of "fixes" from unpluging the battery to replacing the wiper motor and replacing the wiper motor pulse board module. Has anyone had this problem recently??? What did you do to fix yours? Did the problem happen again after you fixed it? I am trying to save some money on this one.

Thanks
Is this something that is covered under warranty because of the TSB #020843002

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wipers splined shafts are probably damaged.Remove and inspect for damage.If thats not it,check the wiper motor drive shaft for damage.Fix.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your cam for the wiper motor is worn out.Check the stop underneath your wiper cam,sounds like it is broken.I have been a gm tech for the past 8 yrs,good luck

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you need a new wiper motor cover kit witch contains a new cover, seal, contacts, and pulse board. you can pick one at a Chevrolet dealer for around $50.00

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeapper
You need to remove the motor and realign the gears.
Hopefully it isn't stripped and it's just an alignment.
It's like a set of teeth on 2 wheels and I guess with the weight of the snow one wheel turned and the other didn't

1 - 5 of 5 Posts