Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Chevrolet Impala LS V6 3.4 Liter 4 door. No dash lights are coming on. I have been experiencing battery issues. It appears that the battery problems began around the time that I changed the factory car stereo out with an after market stereo. The battery will not hold a charge and the car only starts when connected to jumper cables but will not restart after disconnecting the cables from the other vehicle. It's been charged using a battery charger over night and still will not start. The battery is fairly new and has been tested by Advance Auto and proven to be fine. I have been told by relatives that maybe there is a short in the car but I am unsure whether this is the case nor how to find it if there is one? If anyone has any suggestions on diagnosing this problem please let me know. ANY feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Anthony

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
I have a 2002 Chevrolet Impala LS V6 3.4 Liter 4 door. No dash lights are coming on. I have been experiencing battery issues. It appears that the battery problems began around the time that I changed the factory car stereo out with an after market stereo. The battery will not hold a charge and the car only starts when connected to jumper cables but will not restart after disconnecting the cables from the other vehicle. It's been charged using a battery charger over night and still will not start. The battery is fairly new and has been tested by Advance Auto and proven to be fine. I have been told by relatives that maybe there is a short in the car but I am unsure whether this is the case nor how to find it if there is one? If anyone has any suggestions on diagnosing this problem please let me know. ANY feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Anthony
Welcome Anthony! (good name!:eek:k3:) I think maybe your stereo may have a short in the new wiring somewhere....Something there is draining the battery! If it wasnt doing it before...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Agreed, I would recheck the stereo wiring thoroughly.

Btw, I don't think you have an LS, the 3.8 was standard in those.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery during the install? :hope: You may have had a ground come loose under the hood also. I figured that out the hard way after bump starting or jumping my old toyota for over 3 months. Long story short, bad gound cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts