Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Last year I had to recharge the ac system because the system was low. I had to charge it again now because it low, Its only a small leak so I could put up with recharging it. The problem I have now is after I pulled a vacume on the system and then recharged it I still have no ac! But I did notice that the small ac line going into the firewall ices right up in about 30 seconds as soon as you turn the ac on. What could be causing the line to ice up which im pretty sure is the reason why I have no cold air. The compressor kicks right on like its supposed to but I get no cold air!

Thanks!!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Is it the high press or low pressure line? Maybe your orifice valve is clogged?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the response! Sorry i didnt get back sooner, i think the admins disabled my account or something and I sent them a message a while back but still no answer so i just had to create another account. Im not sure if the line is the high or low I would have to try and trace the lines from the compressor but it is the smaller line going into the firewall that is icing up. Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the response! Sorry i didnt get back sooner, i think the admins disabled my account or something and I sent them a message a while back but still no answer so i just had to create another account. Im not sure if the line is the high or low I would have to try and trace the lines from the compressor but it is the smaller line going into the firewall that is icing up. Thanks!

Smaller line is the high side line. If you're just continuing to pour freon into a leaking system you're not doing the environment any good. I might suggest having a shop check the system for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts