·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2002 chevy impala
3800 series 2
3.8L v6
police pkg one....

my a/c used to blow so cold...

ive had problems, bought a new radiator and harmonic balancer due to the car overheatin..

now my a/c only blows cold wen it wants, yesterday morning it kicked in and my TEMPERATURE was at 1/4 and it was blowin super cold

it also was blowing cold at nite wen i turned the car on wit temperature above 1/4 fluctuating slowly...

suddenly later that nite i drove on the highway a bit with the air off and wen i got off the highway and utrned it back on it wasnt blowin cold and the temperature fluctuates around 1/2 way on the meter...

my question is, what could be wrong, what sounds like its wrong, what should i look for...

im thinkin about takin the car to firestone to do a A/C check 30/50$ i think when i have a chance but it sucks to deal with them..

any insight will help a bunch...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like a sticky thermostat in your radiator.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure the radiator cooling fan is running all the time the air conditioner is on. if not you'll get way too much head pressure in the ac compressor and it will stop working.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure the radiator cooling fan is running all the time the air conditioner is on. if not you'll get way too much head pressure in the ac compressor and it will stop working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts