Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aip Bag, Brake, battery, Lights flash and all gauges lose power but engine runs normal. This lasts for as long as ten minutes but most of the time less than three minutes. Then stops and indicators are normal and functional. May not happen for two or three days then every time the car is started for the next few days.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when it is happening take it to advanced auto part and have them hook it up to the computer. it is probally a fuse or sensor

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have your ignition switch shorted out internally. This is common on the GM's, but that doesn't explain the engine running normal when this happens. The ignition switch would normally stall you out, and cause all of those lights to come on. There is also a problem with the electronic instrument cluster circuit boards that cause your guages to crazy, and also, with this many warning lights coming on, all of the lights are turned on by the BCM setting a code. Normally it will only give you a Check Engine, SES, or Trac Off light, not all of the lights at the same time. This could very well be a Body Control Module shutting down on you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just drove 2600 miles and this happened to me for the first time. It seems to happen every couple of hours of driving. I would be sailing along the road and for no reason, all message center lights would come on. The guages would go crazy and then go back to normal. This does not last more than a few seconds but sure takes your breath away when you are traveling alone. The dealer can't help if it isn't going on when I get to them. I am about to take another 4,000 mile trip and not sure about the car. I have a 2002 with 57,000 miles on it and never a problem of any kind. Any advice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine just happened today. Took it to the dealer. They ran diagnostics. They arent' sure. May be a module or something. At this point I have no clue. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts