Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :)

I have a 2002 Chevy Impala which will occasionally not start.

When my Impala is behaving badly, :devil all I'll hear is this low pitched "hmmmmmm" which you can hear at about 1:25 in this video.

This video is not of my car btw... but I included in this post because my car makes the very same noise. :crying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jQqWkbGkk

Anyway this "hmmmmm" noise will show up when the key is turned to "ACC" , "On" and even "Start".

Is this "hmmmmmmm" the BCM or something else? :(

Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I could not hear the noise, but the looks of that video the security light may be flashing? It went on and started and the light went out, but I did not notice if the light quit flashing before it started rolling. I would guess in the clip the person has a loose connection or possible bad/worn keyswitch.

You may be hearing a fuel pump hum with the ignition switch being turned. The bcm should not be making any noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not hear the noise, but the looks of that video the security light may be flashing? It went on and started and the light went out, but I did not notice if the light quit flashing before it started rolling. I would guess in the clip the person has a loose connection or possible bad/worn keyswitch.

You may be hearing a fuel pump hum with the ignition switch being turned. The bcm should not be making any noise.
The hum I hear in this video at 1:25 is a very, very low, sound... you have to use headphones to hear it or turn your speakers way up.

BTW this guy diagnosed his problem as a bad BCM module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts