Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well well. It's been a while, hasn't it? Let's see who remembers me haha. So my impala has done nothing but sit for a solid year or so. I'm in the market for a new car, so I figured I would fix up the impala and sell it. Last time I drove it, it needed 2 front wheel bearings, an instrument cluster, it also had a security issue where it just wouldn't start and I'd have to reprogram the key or something like that. And now that it has been sitting so long it needs a battery. But we're focusing on the wheel bearing in this post. So, I've came up with this I can't remember if I have ABS or not, but I'll look later today and confirm. I've got the wheel bearing picked out, now I just need the tools, I've got your basic ratchet and socket set, but I don't have the big socket for the middle part of the wheel bearing (can't think of what it's called) would I need a different ratchet for a socket that big? I've got a half inch ratchet I figured I'd pick up the socket and possibly ratchet from harbor freight. Is there anything else I would need besides a ratchet and socket set? Obviously I need a jack and all that, which I have. Just wondering what other handtools I would need. Thanks for the help!
~Nick.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Axle nut. If you don't have an impact wrench, I'd grab a 2' 1/2"dr. breaker bar at HF too.
Yeah that's what it's called thanks haha! I'm actually going to Walmart today to pick up some tools I'll need. I'll pick up a breaker bar and a torque wrench as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts