Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new to the forum so i dont know much about impalas (this is for my dad hes the one who has the car, with no internet skills lol).... his b-day is coming up and he said he wants new tail lights...his impala is silver and he wants his tail lights along with the middle trunk center piece to match....do they sell silver center, left and right tail lights?

Ive look through out the internet and i cant find them..the only thing ive found is covers you can buy but then you need to get them painted to match the car....is that the only why to get these bc he has said he has seen another impala with the silver tail light bezles i guess you can call them.

and is the color of the tail light just from the color? if so could we just take his out and get them painted?

any info will help im not sure how the tail lights work as i cant take them off bc its not my car and this is going to be surprise for his b-day. I tihnk he will know if i ask him to take his tail lights off.

but thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even though your going to have to get them painted, its still cheaper to buy the covers and install them. Its what comes on the 04-05 SS models. I recently purchased some tail light covers off ebay and got them painted then installed them myself. Very easy to do because theres 3M tape to stick it on when your done. They don't make these covers anymore so snatch some up while you can. Gives it a nice look.

The picture you provided is the covers I'm talking about painted and installed. Looks good eh?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Frank hit the nail on the head. You'll pretty much only be able to get them from ebay and have them painted, or pay an absolute premium at the dealership. They are easy to install, or you could let him install them.

These also came on the LS Sport model, but that is neither here nor there.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea I work at a chevy dealership in parts and they are ridiculous how much they are. I would get mine off of ebay before i even bought them here at my price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts