Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before you say anything, I know I need the harness, and the dimensions aren't perfect- I'm gonna handle that.

I got this CD player today from my friend- he got a new stereo for his Camaro with the ipod interface and whatnot. So he gave me the CD player for free because I got the tape player in my 2003 Impala base.

The problem: I don't think he disabled the anti theft and because he bought the car used a few months ago, he doesn't know the unlock code. I know how to disable the anti theft but... it has to be connected to his car still.... and he did so much wiring and everything, he says it's not going back in lol

I'm not ready to hook it up in my car yet because I still need the harness and stuff, but I want to know what to expect. Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
before you say anything, I know I need the harness, and the dimensions aren't perfect- I'm gonna handle that.

I got this CD player today from my friend- he got a new stereo for his Camaro with the ipod interface and whatnot. So he gave me the CD player for free because I got the tape player in my 2003 Impala base.

The problem: I don't think he disabled the anti theft and because he bought the car used a few months ago, he doesn't know the unlock code. I know how to disable the anti theft but... it has to be connected to his car still.... and he did so much wiring and everything, he says it's not going back in lol

I'm not ready to hook it up in my car yet because I still need the harness and stuff, but I want to know what to expect. Thanks!
you should be ok unless someone put a code in it. have you tried just powering up

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should be ok unless someone put a code in it. have you tried just powering up
haven't tried it yet- I don't have the connectors plus the battery is out- I'm doing motor work so the heads are off and everything is totally in pieces lol

So if there IS a code in it, what can I do?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not sure never ran into one that was locked up (just newer impala radios which need to be programed with a Tech II)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts