Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 impala ls with a 3.8 that I bought without a transmission. Can anyone tell me what all other years and possibly makes transmissions will work with this car. Before its said I know the car is a 3.05 gear ratio but gear ratio don't mean anything to me I tune so I can recalibrate the PCM for any size gear just need something other wise that will plug an play.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I've got a 2001 impala ls with a 3.8 that I bought without a transmission. Can anyone tell me what all other years and possibly makes transmissions will work with this car. Before its said I know the car is a 3.05 gear ratio but gear ratio don't mean anything to me I tune so I can recalibrate the PCM for any size gear just need something other wise that will plug an play.
2000-2005 4t65e transmission should work

Others will varify for you

·
Registered
432 Posts
2000-2003 make sure the range selector is internal, yours should be. You also should have 3.05 gearing or a 1LBB trans. But the fallowing transmissions should work just fine for you if you look at the silver tag on the case...

1APB
1FFB
1LLB
1PBB
1RNB
1YMB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done some research and called a few salvage yards and even my dealer and they all tell me the transmission is specific to a 01 impala only. Anyone have an ideal why they are saying this if one from a 00-03 is supposed to work? I've located one out of a 01 monte Carlo locally but. I one around me within 250 miles has one out of an impala.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Maybe because they are to lazy, or dont known what the heck they are talking about. Alot of the people dont actually know whats goes into what and what can be swapped inplace.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The range seletor is that black box on the shift linkage on top of the trans. You dont see one there then the trans has an internal range selector and shiuld be 2000 year or up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts