Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a transmission out of a 3.8 liter into my 3.4 impala. Everything is the same except for my neutral safety switch is on the inside of my old tranny and the new tranny it is located on the outside. Can anyone please help me with this situation? I DO NOT WANT TO PULL THIS TRANNY AGAIN! Is it possible to bypass that and if so can someone explain how to do it.

Thanks

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If you have a manual I would look up the wiring diagram, find out what color wires go to the neutral safety switch. Get the pigtail for the 3.8 NSS, check the wiring diagram for the 3.8 and splice the pigtail in to the harness, cutting out those wires from the original pigtail. Leave enough wire so you can restore it if it doesn't work. I don't know whether or not you will encounter other issues using that transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took the wire from the crank fuse and tied it 2 the starter relay and grounded the relay . But it will start n gear.

·
Registered
743 Posts
idk about your issue and cant help sorry.
I do know that your gear ratio will be different and need the pcm tuned for the gear change.
edit: dammit i post in a zombie thread:giggle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts