Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all that read this....

I have a 2001 Impala and my mechanic told me I had a leak in the radiator. He said it would cost about $400 to replace it.

Does this seem a little high?

Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
No, this is definately a fair price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No

Hello to all that read this....

I have a 2001 Impala and my mechanic told me I had a leak in the radiator. He said it would cost about $400 to replace it.

Does this seem a little high?

Thanks!
My would off cost me $700.00 for the fix but i decided to fix it myself I post a visual walk through if you feel like keeping most of your moneys.:smile: and i got my radiator for $120.00 instead of $300.00 just see the post if your interested. :smile:
http://www.impalaforums.com/7th-gen-engine-performance/239662-radiator-replacement-visual-walkthrough.html#post267968

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You don't need a tool for that, just a pick tool or small screwdriver works great.

·
Banned
574 Posts
To determine if a price is high, low or what have you, inquire what the book time is to replace the radiator in your car and multiply that by the auto center's labor rate to come up with the labor total. For example, let's say the Mitchell Labor guide lists 1.5 hours to replace the radiator and the auto center's hourly labor rate is $80. That will be 1.5 X $80 = $135.00 total labor cost. Then you add in the price of the radiator, coolant and any needed hoses, or clamps and you have the total price. You don't want to get ripped off of course, but considering how important it is to have a reliable vehicle, I would not recommend using cheap parts if you can avoid it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was the front end wreck that made it hard,,,the radiTOR got pushed back a little...the guy that came to help me said he has done over 50 impalas and said he never had an issue with the lines ..we chiseled of the nozel of the line and got the new one in fine.

But that was a great article a little blurb about how the lines are slide in with a retaining ring and don't actually "screw" off would improve that article tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts