Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently installed my ws-6 hood from extreme dimensions. and have a little gap issue. does anyone know how i can fix this. i have pictures to show you what i mean.

if anyone can help thatd be awesome!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
x2 on sending it back for one that fits correctly...

it actually doesnt look as bad as I thought it would (i edited your thread so the pix show up)

any more underhood clearence than stock?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i like that style of hood , and guess what that came on stock , the trans am!!!!! guess What mOtor it Had in it ??? AN LT1 !!!! GOTTA LOVE AMERICAN MUSCLE , AND STYLE FOR THAT MATTER:eek::biggrin:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the actual hood struts that are made to hold the hood up weren't made to fit on this custom hood. there are no drilled holes or spots for me to connect them to. so right now when i need to keep the hood up i just have to hold it. is there anyway that new hood brackets would make the hood sit lower and align better?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL!

I just looked at the grille shot.

This car DID smile at me!

I am in NO WAY making fun of you or your car.

It's just that I like how it now has character,
and it has a happy looking front profile. :smile:

NOW...

Do you have your stock hood struts holding up your new hood???

We're WAITING!!! :wink:
lol yeah. it is a friendly looking car. until you hear it.. then it takes after it's predecessors and sounds like an animal :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
the actual hood struts that are made to hold the hood up weren't made to fit on this custom hood. there are no drilled holes or spots for me to connect them to. so right now when i need to keep the hood up i just have to hold it. is there anyway that new hood brackets would make the hood sit lower and align better?
The reason they asked about the hood struts is that they were designed ot hold our heavy OEM hood up w/o a hood support, os if you replace the hood w/ a lighter one and use the OEM struts, the strut may push/buckle the hood when the strut is compressed (w/ the hood down), and they thought that might be causing the fit issue

As for sending it back- If you pay close to $500 for a part it better f-ing fit right the first time! Theyre telling you to send it back b/c it looks like there is a mfg defect with it. Its not an install issue (that we can tell from the pix) like it isnt lined up properly or on crooked, the hood is lifted what appears to be 1-2" in the middle, almost like you closed it on something! I would seriously consider contacting the company and letting them know the issue w/ the hood. Anyone thinking of buying this hood, then seeing these pics would prob think twice about it!

The exception to this is if you bought it used, it could be damage from the previous owner..

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
not much maybe 1/2" per hole (2holes per side)
It really looks to me as if its warped on the pass side middle edge, the DC APPEARS to be fine from the pic, but would need a ds shot to see for sure

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
iv been told by andysautosport, that adding washers in between the hinges and hood may help. i spoke to the company extreme dimensions who makes this hood, and an entire case worksheet is being filled out so they "might" be able to help. if it is determined that it is just warped or defective it seems like i'm screwed. ='0(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah.. after all this is done and settled neither will i, ive bought some things from andysautosports before with no problem.. it seems that no one wants to stand behind their products.. douchebags..

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

If you were to just set this hood in place,
without any hardware, just doing a test fit...

It was bowed to begin with?

Correct?
And then he mounted it and the co. wont take it back due to defect, thats what i got out of it.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts