Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2001 Chevy Impala and found out the fog lights don't work.All fuses and relays seem to be good and cant seem to get power to the fog lights.I notice when pushing the fog light button that it does light up but doesn't seem to click or anything.I have tried turning them on just as the owners manual states and even with it running or just shut off with the ignition switch turned on and nothing.:bang:

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
1) Make sure your headlights are on when trying to turn on the fog lights. You can not turn on the fog lights without turning on the headlights.

2) The button does not click in or anything like that. The light is the only indicator that the switch is in the "on" position. If the light on the switch comes on, your fuses and relays are good (as you've noted)

3) Make sure the bulbs aren't burned out.

4) If none of these work, I would re-wire the fog lights to another switch. This allows you to turn the fog lights on without the headlights, if you desire, and allows you to keep them on with your high beams, if you so desire.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Have a look in the under hood fuse box (top one), there is a 10 amp fuse for the fog light relay in the same fuse box. if the 10 amp fuse has power on both sides of the fuse then rap the fog light relay ad see if the light start.
There might be a chance that two fog bulb might be burnt out.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
If the light on the switch lights up, as he says, the fuse is not the problem

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
MY bad as i missed the ind lp on.
so that takes us to the bcm module, BCM needs park brake switch to be in the off pos, with the switch on and light on is says to me that the fog light bulbs are burnt or a bad ground from the bulb sockets to grounding point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2005 chevy impala, today i went out to my car and found my battery was dead. when i put the charger on it to charge the battery my fog lights turned on. i almost never use them. so i went to turn them off and the light was lit on the switch. so i pressed it and it wont go out. the fog lights wouldnt go out with the fuses and relays out. they finlly went out when i unplugged the switch, but now the fogs wont work at all and the light on the switch is still on. what can i do i dont want to be stranded somewhere with a dead battery because my fogs are powered without the fog lights actually working. please help

·
Registered
37 Posts
i need some help with fog lights as well...put in new fog light bulbs...replaced both fuses...but my fog light switch will not illuminate and my fog lights will not turn on...any advise out there...i have a 2002 chevy impala ls

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
If its during the day you will need to pull your lights to the ON position (they wont work in DRL mode) and then press the button. The light on your fog button should illuminate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Replaced the fog light switch...switch still won't light up and fog lights won't turn on...how would I check if the swich is getting power?

·
Registered
37 Posts
on the switch the word fog is illuminated but the light above it that is suppose to light up when the fog lights are on will not light up and the actual fog lights are not lighting up either...before i changed the switch when i would push it i would here interference over the stereo like it was getting power but got nothing and the word fog would not even illuminate...but with the new switch i'm not hearing any interference when pushing button...can anybody guide to the power and ground wiring to the switch please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts