Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to install a Pioneer DEHX6800BT, very nice looking stereo. I bought a GM Wiring Harness to make the instalation easier. Everything is connected properly and noticed that no sound is coming out of the speakers even though the stereo is on. Cluster is showing the security on the message center and low fuel. As soon as I connect the factory stereo it goes back to normal and sound cam be heard from the speakers. This car doesn't have an amp connected, and I believe it has OnStar. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Popped the truck and found the amp right behind the ONSTAR on the left side bottom inside the trunk. I didn't connect the system remote control wire (blue wire) cause I thought I didn't need it. I ran the extra red wire that came with the GMK420 wiring harness (1990-2012) straight to the fuse that turned on only when the key was in acc. Another thing there is an extra wire from the Pioneer stereo that don't know where to connect a orange with white wire loose and the blue(remote)wire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That aside, if I want to install a Pioneer Amplifier is there a way I can connect it with the stock stereo that comes with the car? I also have a pair of subs I wanna connect to the amp. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Assuming the GMRC01 works, if I want to install an amplifier must I connect the blue wire straight from the harness to the amp?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GMRC-01 worked perfectly, I should've explained my question better. Her it goes again, I want to install a Pioneer Amplifier should i connect the blue wire from the aftermarket stereo harness straight to the Pioneer amp? And what happens to the factory amp that's in my car, is it mandatory for it to be connected? Thanks in advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts