Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a dent in my left front (girlfriends mom backed into me) and rear left (slid into a guard rail i need new tires their basically slicks) fender how do i get these off so i can bang them back close to shape i have all the proper auto body tools (soft hammer and auto body filler) i just want to get the fender out enough so it looks good and dosent hit my tire anymore. i plan to once i get them looking better sand prime and paint them (paint chipped) i just have no idea how to get the fenders off and help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Edit: i will post pictures tomorrow

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is no such thing as a rear fender, it's a quarter panel, and on a unibody vehicle like the w body cars, you cannot take it off. Your only hope is to try and get at the dent through the trunk.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Easy, take out the bolts along the top below the hoodline, take out all the screws holding the skirt in, take out the bolt (nut maybe?) at the back of the fender behind the door, take out the bolts (again, nuts maybe?) holding the front of it to the bumper, then I think it's good to go, but they are flimsy so be careful not to force it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man ill give it a try when it isnt so damn hot and humid out.
you'd think living in canada you wouldnt sweat just sitting around lol.
also whats the best product to use (keep in mind i live in canada) to sand off rust from places with chipped paint and best way to prime and paint (also cheaply)

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Dunno, I'm terrible at paint work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.