Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday I got out of school (2:55) and I went to my car. Got in and the key turned all the way over but the engine wouldn't start.So I thought that it was the security thing because it had did that before. So I waited for about 15 min. then I tried again. still nothing. On my third try the key wouldn't turn at all. It was stuck on OFF. So I got somebody to look at it and they said that I needed a new ignition switch. Keys and all ... Got that put in and my car still wouldn't start. So I kept trying but still nothing. And the security light flashes on the dash. I called my local Chevy dealer and they said that it would cost me $400 to get the light turned off. Is there another solution to my prob? HELP !! plz

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Do any of the dash lights come on with the key in the run position? If yes then, it is possible that the starter completly failed. If not then it could be a wiring problem in the steering colum. Possibly a broken wire somewhere.
Also some of the system require that the new key switch assembly be programmed into the cars on board computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts