Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post and unfortunately it is with a problem. I am a huge Chevy fan, but my vehicle of choice is the Avalanche. My wife drives an Impala. So ...

As of late, we go and start her car up, usually in cold weather and the instrument cluster does some wierd things. The gages read incorrectly, the warning light shows a battery, a constant beep is sounded, etc. It basically looks like it does everytime you crank up, just before the instrument cluster systems engage and provide the car vitals. Any ideas what is going on?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Typical Impala electrical problems. Could be a problem with the cluster with all you are describing. Best bet is to take it to a Chevy dealer & have it all checked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typical Impala electrical problems. Could be a problem with the cluster with all you are describing. Best bet is to take it to a Chevy dealer & have it all checked out.
That has been the problem. The problem is gone by the time I get there and it is not being recorded in a code on the computer for the Tech's to bring up the issue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hmmm.... without diagnosing it or having the problem show up at the shop it's hard to say but I'm gonna take a guess that there could be a problem with the cluster.

That's not to say that you should go out & buy another cluster because it may, or may not be the issue. Without being able to properly diagnose the problem it's all speculation at the moment. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
its not just an Imp issue, its a Delphi issue, Envoys, Imps theres quite a few cars on the list. theres actually a TSB on it and GM may replace it @ no charge (depending on milage)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts