Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having trouble with my impala for the past months, the ligths from outside and inside kept blinking while driving and after being parked which drained the battery. Anyway i took it o a mechanic and he fixed it he said wires were in the wrong location , also i always had a blinking noise coming from the left side of the dashboard which he also fixed. Well he then told me that i needed to find quick a body control module the one behing left side of the dash because he said it control mostly light(i didn;t understand anything). well a week after that my impala struggles to turn on. Now every morning i have to have my jumper cables ready b4 i go to work and after im off i also need to fing someone to pass me charge with their car. What is happening? can any one help please? Where can i find this part, also a good, cheap price?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think you should call up the big auto wrecking yards for a good used body control module=BCM. Be sure to call around bec prizes can vary so much from place to place, plus you might want to call around to a few big body shops bec they could have a scrapped vehicle around with that part in it too.
Basically the BCM controls all the dash assembly and anything that's electronic inside of the vehicle and it can cause the vehicle to go haywire or even drain the battery.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way it's not a hard part to replace and if you knew someone that could take one out for you at a do it yourself auto wreckers you'd save money.Also you can buy a handy portable booster for boosting your vehicle and their not expensive if you look around maybe 50.00 and believe me well worth the investment, in fact I have one, plus they can check the status of your battery too for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts