Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday I changed my water pump at a mechanic, everything was good after the water was install; but when the car cold it start then die after a few second.it look like the car is not getting enough power. one thing the guy was doing wrong when he was installing the water pump he didn't disconnect the battery negative terminal, can that affect anything?

some people told it's the battery, others told me it's the alternator. can someone please help me

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if it is starting and stalling then you can start it back again it doesn't sound like the battery or alt. need a little more info to help. the first thing i would do is open the hood and make sure all the sensors are connected. if they were working around the intake were the airfilter connects make sure the sensores in that area weren't disconnected. you'll be able to tell the connections will probably be clean

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water pumps have very little to do with the electrics of a car. I really don't think the water pump R & R has anything to do with your current problem.

Can you tell us if it will start at all.... You need to give us a little more details

1 - 3 of 3 Posts