Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 chevy impala service vehicle soon light is on. First the low coolant light came on for about a month now. My coolant is not low and i replaced the sensor. I flushed out the old coolant.
I put a code reader on and it comes up nothing.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
622 Posts
The device vehicle soon light is for a non emission related issue. The diagnostic codes, I believe, are usually stored in the BCM, Body Control Module. You'll need to get a hold of a dealer level scan tool to read the codes.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The device vehicle soon light is for a non emission related issue. The diagnostic codes, I believe, are usually stored in the BCM, Body Control Module. You'll need to get a hold of a dealer level scan tool to read the codes.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Ok thank you , ill take it to the dealer

·
Registered
14 Posts
These cars are notorious for having the Body Control Module fail in them. It happened in my car (2002 Chevy Impala LS) too. Its about a 400 job at a dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These cars are notorious for having the Body Control Module fail in them. It happened in my car (2002 Chevy Impala LS) too. Its about a 400 job at a dealer.
Maybe I'll get a friend then lol.
I'm just going to take it to a local mechanic.
Isit okay to keep driving it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolutely. I drove mine with a bad body control module for a few months. It was no problem. Are their any other things not normal happening to your car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely. I drove mine with a bad body control module for a few months. It was no problem. Are their any other things not normal happening to your car?
The only thing i notice is that when i accelerate and turn the car kind of slips that's the only way i can describe it. I was told that it may be the transmission slipping.
My service vehichle soon is dinging every now and again.
Other than that all seems normal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Transmission

The only thing i notice is that when i accelerate and turn the car kind of slips that's the only way i can describe it. I was told that it may be the transmission slipping.
The transmissions are also known to go out. Sometimes a rebuild others its a new transmission. Have you changed your transmission fluid and filter at all???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The transmissions are also known to go out. Sometimes a rebuild others its a new transmission. Have you changed your transmission fluid and filter at all???
No i haven't i was told that it was Checked 2 years ago and new struts were put on and the window mechanisms are new they said the Windows would slip.2 year old tires also.
Taking it tomorrow to a shop.
Auto zone read it but no codes came up and they are saying it's a oil change.
Ill keep a update on this after it gets looked at thisweekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No i haven't i was told that it was Checked 2 years ago and new struts were put on and the window mechanisms are new they said the Windows would slip.2 year old tires also.
Keep me updated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep me updated!
Checked and changed oil. Reset it service vehicle light and low coolant light still on.
Taking car to mechanic tommorrow morning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Checked and changed oil. Reset it service vehicle light and low coolant light still on.
Taking car to mechanic tommorrow morning.
Could be a coolant level sensor going bad. That could be the root of your whole problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My mechanic said all is ok

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took it to the mechanic. He said the coolant sensor i bought was bad....it was bought a new one.
Light is out.
But the service vehicle light is still on i could not get a emmissions test i had to much gas in car.
I was told it's okay to use it.
The whole deal cost me 80$. For now

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took it to the mechanic. He said the coolant sensor i bought was bad....it was bought a new one.
Light is out.
But the service vehicle light is still on i could not get a emmissions test i had to much gas in car.
Check your fuses. Especially the ones dealing with lighting. I know it sounds weird but I had a fuse go out in my car that caused one headlight to be dimmer than the other and it made my service vehicle soon light come on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Light is out.
Check your fuses. Especially the ones dealing with lighting. I know it sounds weird but I had a fuse go out in my car that caused one headlight to be dimmer than the other and it made my service vehicle soon light come on.
Will do

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My service vehicle soon light is still on ad the low coolant light is on and its full.
My brake lines were replaced and sooni was told i will need new rotars on all 4 wheels due to rust.
Stopage percent is 65 to 75%.
So it was 475$.

Still need more repairs.😒 but i love my chevy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts