Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll give the symptoms, daughter backed out of drive and the car died. Here is what I've found. OBDII codes, P0230 some type of fuel circuit. Bought a Fuel pressure gauge. Cycle on the ignition and it goes to 52lb of pressure, try to start the vehicle and it drops to 48 lbs. it has a Po452 fuel tank pressure sensor code, honestly I think I set this code messing with things.That code wasn't there when I first pulled the codes. Then I have a P1404 EGR valve.I have a spark tester and tested 1 plug and there isn't fire, just to check it & pulled a plug and set it on the manifold & still no spark. Couldn't talk the wife into holding the wire, she remembered the lawnmower trick.:dizzy: I have searched this forum and the net. I'm at a stand still. Seems I always come back here and decided to join. Reading all the info has me :bang: . Just cant figure this one out. One thread states ICM, that plate under the Coils. ANY advise would be extremely appreciated. Being this time of year funds are LOW.

Scott

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I can look up the diagnostic for the ICM later when I have access to my manual, but right off hand I would suspect that's it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" Update" went through several test to check the coils, Crank sensor and the dam thing started. Now I'm wondering if this could be a ground issue. Or can a Crank sensor be intermittent.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Did you take the coils off to check? If so they might be making better contact now.
Could also be a bad wire and with you checking it it is making contact now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts