Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 impala 3.8 series 2 with 174000 miles. The cars is clean been very well maintained one owner very good buddy owned it. He just spent about $1000 on a complete tune up job a few months back. plugs.wires,fuel filter.and pump,airfilter and a bunch of new sensors. but the car has no power at all it idles really nice and smooth and revs right up in park but when you drive it it acts like its missing a little and the more gas you give it the worse it is you put it down to the floor and it falls flat on its face and has no power at all You can drive it fine as long as you dont need to accelerate too much. Any ideas I thought maybe catalytic converter of maybe mass air flow sensor.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2000 impala 3.8 series 2 with 174000 miles. The cars is clean been very well maintained one owner very good buddy owned it. He just spent about $1000 on a complete tune up job a few months back. plugs.wires,fuel filter.and pump,airfilter and a bunch of new sensors. but the car has no power at all it idles really nice and smooth and revs right up in park but when you drive it it acts like its missing a little and the more gas you give it the worse it is you put it down to the floor and it falls flat on its face and has no power at all You can drive it fine as long as you dont need to accelerate too much. Any ideas I thought maybe catalytic converter of maybe mass air flow sensor.?
I have a 2001 which had a similiar problem a few years ago. My check engine light came on and indicated a bad EGR valve. Also the mechanic checked the cat converter and it was bad from the EGR valve. Replaced both and have had great power ever since! :biggrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts