Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 impala ls and i just changed the brakes and after i have been driving around for a while, it seems like the brakes wont disengage completly and they make a rubbing noise dose anyone know what the problem is and how i can fix it. oh and there is plenty of fluid.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like a bad rubber brake line or, don't be upset, one of the rubber lines is twisted in a loop from putting the caliper back on. Look at the rubber lines and be sure they aren't twisted. If one is, pull the caliper and turn it as needed to straighten out the hose. If all looks good, find the sticking wheel caliper and open the bleeder on it. If suddenly, miraculously, the wheel is free, the rubber line is probably collapsed internally and needs replaced.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You may have ruined a factory brakeline, as double E said... driving with a stuck caliper can boil the brakefluid and balloon the line irreparably.

You should check that caliper and brake line. If the caliper is stuck after applying the brakes once, it's toast.

If you're interested in upgrading the brakes, you can upgrade to stainless steel brakelines and/or add a big brake kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts