Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is ahving a weird problem. I was driving home the other day on the interstate and BOOM my " service traction control system " light came on and so did the " trac off " and the abs light. Turning the car off helped for about a mile maybe, then it happened again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
My car is having a weird problem. I was driving home the other day on the interstate and BOOM my " service traction control system " light came on and so did the " trac off " and the abs light. Turning the car off helped for about a mile maybe, then it happened again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It just happened to me. The wheels have a sensor built in to the hub of the wheel that detects is the wheel is spinning or not. This is part of you abs system that tell the computer that your skidding on ice. But when one wheel does it and the other wheels are not lock up, the computer knows there's a problem and turn both the traction and abs off. You will have to have the car hook up to a scope at the dealer to locate which wheel it is and replace the hub on that wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts