Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impala 3.4L V6 135K miles
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys…I have so many issues happening that I’m not sure where to start. I purchase my 2000 Impala about a month and a half ago and did a few minor things (multi function switch, headlight switch, wiper transmission, blower motor resistor and a few other things) but overall it ran okay. I overheated about three weeks ago and the bearings were bad in my water pump. Replaced that and the belt while I had it off and the belt tensioner as well. It was doing okay until two weeks ago when it started to have problems cranking (happened a couple of times before but just adjusting terminals {usually negative} solved this) and would click once then would lose all electrical anything until I unhooked the negative terminal and reattached it. I took the terminals off and cleaned the ground and the terminals themselves and it helped for a couple of days. During that time the temp kept creeping up and the fans weren’t working so I flushed my radiator and replaced the cap(saw bubbling in overflow) and changed a fan relay which solved part of the fan issue but one fan was making quite a racket so I unhooked it until I can replace the assembly or just the one fan maybe. I drove to town and stopped to bleed the air out and fill if needed because my temp was still on the high side (230ish) and would drop suddenly like an air pocket had moved. After I was done the cranking problem reappeared. I’m at my wits end. Please help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and also had a code P0412 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Solenoid Relay Control Circuit Bank 1 and I have in the past week changed both the engine and cabin air filters

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the code of the day is…..P0171 full trim system lean bank 1 with a secondary code of P0507 idle air control system rpm higher than expected. I have no clue how to proceed so any advice is very much appreciated🙂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts