Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either the IAC (Idle Air Control) or the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

I would start with the IAC, they're cheap, and easy to replace. It is what controls the idle speed.

- Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the car will start as long as i have some pressure on the gas, if no pressure is applied it will turn over for a split second then try to turn over again. If i keep pressure on the gas it will keep running (even the slightest bit) but as soon as i let it off it turns off. its not loud, or knock or sputter, just turns off as smooth as if i turned it off myself.... Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Before replacing the IAC you might want to try to clean it with carb or throttle body cleaner first, it may have carbon built up in it and cleaning it out may solve the problem.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'd still like to know what engine, I've had to clean out the motor with GM Top Engine cleaner before, and clean out the injectors for the same problems. But its rare on the 3.8's but the 3.4's it happens more often, also fuel filters get clogged easy too. I even had one where the air filter was so dirty that no air could get in at all and the car would stall all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts