Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Impala makes a gurgling noise when I first crank it. Sounds like water being poured into a glass. I checked and I have enough coolant. What could it be? I'm not having any problems with the car, just the strange noise.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it sounds like water is boiling ur radiator, check ur radiator cap make sure its tight, only take off ur radiator cap when the engine is cool , NEVER TAKE IT OFF WHEN ITS HOT. make sure all ur hoses arent leaking i dont know wha else it could be gurlging 1st thing to come in my mind is water

is ur cars temp ok? the thermostat

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have air trapped in the system, mainly the heater core. First thing, in the morning after the car has set all night and the engine temperature is cool. Pull the radiator cap and burp the system. By allowin the car to run w/ the radiator cap off for awhile. Allowin the car's engine to get up to operating temp. So, the T-stat opens and the system is fully flowin. This may take anywhere from 15-45mins. just roughly est. Or you can try lookin down @ the radiator's tubes and see if, any air bubbles are still coming out the tubes, in the radiator.

But, like the previous member mentioned the coolant will get up to 200*F(and under pressure especially if, the radiator cap is back in place). So, be 'VERY CAREFUL' when dealin w/ the HOT coolant/removal of the HOT radiator cap. Once the car's engine has gotten up to operating temp.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts