Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my question.
I've got a 2000 Base Model Impala with the split bench seats.

Is the mounting the same for a car with bucket seats? Can i just take a set of buckets from another Impala and they will bolt into my car?

I'm not worried about center console stuff or anything. I just want to know if the seats will swap with NO MODS. Please let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
as long as you unbolt the seats from the floor they will swap with an exact match. I swapped the bench in my GP to buckets, even putting the center console in was nothing more than cutting a hole in the carpet to put a C-clip in the hole that is already there. The impala and the GP seats also, I'm 98% are interchangeable.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The impala and the GP seats also, I'm 98% are interchangeable.
You may need the receiver end of the sealt belt though, when i swapped my LS seats for 06 GT seats, the tab on the receiver was off a bit, i modded it, and it works, but you might as well grab those since youre getting the seats anyway ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
me too!

hey dude im in the exact same predicament. i dont want to buy them and have them not fit. another question i have is will the wiring be the same?
i have a 04 base and want to put in 04 bucket seats.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It's the same. No mods should be needed. IIRC, the harnesses for the heating elements are there too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts