Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 477 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
Where i live you be lucky to even find an impala SS go on for sale yet alone its rims... or anything..you guys bit lucky in that sense that people throw away lots of their stuff away.
Mine were at least 2nd hand. Guy I bought em from had em on an 01.

They are actually very hard to find in my area. I looked every day for 5 months to find a set even listed, let alone affordable.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Trust me it isnt possible to supercharge the 3.5l or 3.9l

The only way that was possible was with a prototype eaton blower with a extended snout that was limited to 5 units made. They stopped production because they extended snout was to weak and kept snapping.

If you can find one they run about $5000 just for the blower and more than likely the fiero guys will beat you too it. They have only seen 1 be sold in the past 5 years btw.
and that doesnt even take into consideration the custom work of getting the superchager mounted,clearing the hood,working, and then the motor tuned.

Or you can go the motor swap route and swap in a early poniac g6 lx9 3.5L. get all the adaptor plates to adapt a 3800 intake on it with a 3800 supercharger.

Iv spent about 6 months researching supercharging this car lol
just dont want you to get your hopes up

The remote turbo setup is the only way to go

·
Banned
748 Posts

Darn.. and i was hoping to get 450hp out of my imp. one day.. now u ruined it ejb.. tks.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Trust me it isnt possible to supercharge the 3.5l or 3.9l

The only way that was possible was with a prototype eaton blower with a extended snout that was limited to 5 units made. They stopped production because they extended snout was to weak and kept snapping.

If you can find one they run about $5000 just for the blower and more than likely the fiero guys will beat you too it. They have only seen 1 be sold in the past 5 years btw.
and that doesnt even take into consideration the custom work of getting the superchager mounted,clearing the hood,working, and then the motor tuned.

Or you can go the motor swap route and swap in a early poniac g6 lx9 3.5L. get all the adaptor plates to adapt a 3800 intake on it with a 3800 supercharger.

i believe you man i seen other threads about it. put up a fight with other members i seen lol..got a link to that remote turbo setup?

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thats why i gave up and decided to go with a different car

and impalavision throw in a pic of p3 in his leopard lingere and they might just give you the rims haha
they might give me there whole car with that pic :lol: il keep searching my target for rims on craigslist

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Congrats man that car is starting to look really nice! Just beware, i've dealt with my fair share of plastidip and while it may last with car wash stuff (soap, powerwasher, ect) it has a tendency to start to peel when you get near is with wax or rubbing compound. Not because of the substance itself, but just the way you apply it. I just don't wanna see you having to respray the emblems because you didn't see that coming :beer:

I figured it out to be about $900 with doing all the work myself and all the tuning myself
This is being said WITHOUT any real knowledge of your past experience and current expertise with tuning, but i'd be real skeptical about tuning my own turbo. Not saying it can't be done, but turbos are a pretty finicky part, and unlike superchargers they are free to spin at whatever rate they can... just be careful with that one lol

·
Banned
748 Posts
they might give me there whole car with that pic :lol: il keep searching my target for rims on craigslist
why do i feel like you guys are making fun of my face :bang:.. just cause i look this way ?

Attachments

·
Banned
748 Posts
Not because of the substance itself
Substance abuse always has its side effects :yahoo:be it on people or cars :beer:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Congrats man that car is starting to look really nice! Just beware, i've dealt with my fair share of plastidip and while it may last with car wash stuff (soap, powerwasher, ect) it has a tendency to start to peel when you get near is with wax or rubbing compound. Not because of the substance itself, but just the way you apply it. I just don't wanna see you having to respray the emblems because you didn't see that coming :beer:

This is being said WITHOUT any real knowledge of your past experience and current expertise with tuning, but i'd be real skeptical about tuning my own turbo. Not saying it can't be done, but turbos are a pretty finicky part, and unlike superchargers they are free to spin at whatever rate they can... just be careful with that one lol
I have hptuners and have tuned many friends turbo builds for them with it. Its not too hard after you get the hang of it.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
I have hptuners and have tuned many friends turbo builds for them with it. Its not too hard after you get the hang of it.
Ok cool, i honestly haven't dealt with any of the new systems. Most "plug n play" tuners for my obdII can't really do anything useful other than adjust shift points by like +/- 200 rpm. But your computers are probably sophisticated enough to correct all kinds of different components.

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
STS Turbo, Inc. - Turbocharged Innovation!

If you wantted the diy approach. I figured it out to be about $900 with doing all the work myself and all the tuning myself.

Me fight with other members? Nah, im the nice guy:eek:k3:
not bad, better than the actual 2k real setup.

and yes you cant deny it man. i seen when it comes to cars your like a cat protecting its kittens :giggle: yes a cat not a full lion yet

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks man appreciate it, thanks for the advice also. When I washed the car I'm very careful with the plastidip. I dab the emblems and not rub,knowing rubbing it takes it off. :eek:k3:

Next mod is the impalaforums.com decal on the bottom rear window and impalavision on the top front window, both. In grey

·
Banned
748 Posts
I found SS rims at local listing here.. would this work for my imp. ?

a set of 4 Chevy SS wheels. 18 x 7 in rim size. and the bolt pattern is 5 on 115 mm.

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Are you making your own decal? My suggestion would be to make it so that it goes on the inside. Will last a heck of a lot longer that way.
Not that experienced... i can have it made at a local mall. any design or font

41 - 60 of 477 Posts