Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 96 SS that is said to be a "Special Edition". The difference is the emblem in the grille is an Impala instead of the bow-tie, and a 325 hp engine comparable to the police pursuit specials. Only 50 were built. Anyone ever heard of this "Special Edition" and have any info?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never heard of it. Sounds bogus.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have found a 96 SS that is said to be a "Special Edition". The difference is the emblem in the grille is an Impala instead of the bow-tie, and a 325 hp engine comparable to the police pursuit specials. Only 50 were built. Anyone ever heard of this "Special Edition" and have any info?

#1 its complete bullshit.

#2 "comparable to the police blah blah blah" ... does anyone really think that the 9C1 police packages got more HP than the SS?

·
Registered
92 Posts
comparable to the police blah blah blah" ... does anyone really think that the 9C1 police packages got more HP than the SS?
But aren't you forgetting about the cop chip? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
#1 its complete bullshit.

#2 "comparable to the police blah blah blah" ... does anyone really think that the 9C1 police packages got more HP than the SS?

Dont have to think, its fact. This is from THOUSANDS of b bodies that have come thru my doors. Look up youtube.com you will see bone stock 9c1 vs impy I have Nothing against either car, I really dont and most forums will tell you that about me. But from what I have witnessed and what I have raced, the 9c1 pulls ahead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
96 Ss Se??!!

I'm not buying the SE 96 SS,, however I recently did hear of a 97 SS,, yeah I know sounds far fetched like the 96 SS,, but it is said Tim Allens SS was a 97 version!?! Has anybody heard of this?!?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not buying the SE 96 SS,, however I recently did hear of a 97 SS,, yeah I know sounds far fetched like the 96 SS,, but it is said Tim Allens SS was a 97 version!?! Has anybody heard of this?!?
never heard about a 97 impala, but i did hear the last SS of the 96's rolled off the factory Dec. 31 1996 ..... maybe one more rolled off technically making it a "97" by default ........

:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts