Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what upgrades would give me more bang for the buck. i was thinking cold air intake, etc. you know all the common simple upgrades, but i was also thinking of a shift kit because it shifts pretty slow with the stock tranny. any suggestions would be appreciated.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A COLD AIR INTAKE IS A WASTE IT WILL JUST GIVE YOUR ENGINE A BETTER LOOK AND BETTER SOUND

FOR EVERY 10 DEGREES FARENHEIT YOU GET 1 MORE HP

get a k and n air filter this will give you around 60 hp but if you are planning ona dding a lot more you are going to have to get a better clutch new tranny and new axles intake manifold and exhaust manifold forged steel crankshaft pistons and con rods

air filter is the cheapest ignition system and exhaust this should add around 80 hp

if you want a little more expensive but a lot more power go for turbo(6 cyliners and below) or supercharger(8 cylinders and above) depending on your engine

you can get high lift cams cam gears pulleys bigger radiator
bigger fuel injectors higher pressure fuel sytem port and polish your heads bigger fuel lines bigger fuel pump low restriction fuel filter adjust your air fuel ratio take off your egr valve bigger throttle body lighter throttle valve polish your throttle body

i think i went too far

well good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts