Impala Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 impala has been acting weird the past couple days, it drives fine when it’s warm but when it’s cold it’s idling rough and wanting to die, it also wants to lose power and stalls it only happens when it’s cold and I don’t know when to begin to look I haven’t had it for very long

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a 165-degree thermostat in mine this past summer when it was running a tad warm on the hottest days and I've noticed that it is running a lot cooler now in the winter-time.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I put a 165-degree thermostat in mine this past summer when it was running a tad warm on the hottest days and I've noticed that it is running a lot cooler now in the winter-time.

Putting a coolant thermostat in the engine that has a lower opening temperature specification that the original will delay engine warm-up, decrease fuel mileage, can cause oil contamination on short trips, and increase engine emissions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts