Impala Forums banner

1995 Impala almost dies when turning right only..

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  12 lt 
#1 ·
First thing Im new to the site, I have searched but havent found my answer...
So 1995 impala pretty much stock, exept flow masters, air pump delete, home plate delete, diy pvc air intake.
It will sputter and run like crap after I make a right turn, Ive replaced ICM, Coil, Opti, Power steering sensor thats on the power steerind line, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plug wires, and my drivers side knock sensor, and wired and rewired the o2 sensor because plug was slightly melted on exhaust. Changed oil, checked and have good fuel preassure, and oil preasure???? No codes. Im lost??? anything would help, Thansk in advance.

Jeff

#2 ·
02 sensors wiring and rewiring? Are the wiring harness's able to lay down on the exhaust while you are in a turn? As if a tie wrap and wire-loom be a help?
Right hand turn seems like a possible dirty fuel tank throwing trash into the new fuel pump filter (sock). I also had to change the short fuel pump feed wire that was in between the fuel pump sending unit just above the fuel pump internal in the tank. The big box parts store was not advised from their corporate guys to change this also. Mine was burnt black at one end when it failed and drew too much current (amperage). If you are anything like me, this made me more upset having to stop, drop and roll. I had to safely secure my carport area for another few days to wait for the wiring harness. Been fine now for a few years since...

Is it possible there is a very minute leak spraying the ignition coils wires on turning right? My father always told me to walk away for 24 hrs... I have has a few laughs afterwards too... Best of luck.

#3 ·
Right hand turn seems like a possible dirty fuel tank throwing trash into the new fuel pump filter (sock).
Have had similar experiences and would be inclined to agree with the above. Trash settles back down after the pump has been off and allows a good pressure reading. Might try testing the pressure at the time the problem is occurring if possible, would either rule out this possibility or may confirm this is the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.