Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my interior lights... its burning all the fuses i put for the interior lighting...every new fuse i put only last bout 2 3 minutes and then it burns it up...does anyone know what goin on with this problem???please let me know

·
Registered
7 Posts
You obviously have a short somewhere. You will have to check everything on that circuit in order to find out where the problem is. Have you changed any light bulbs or relays lately that could have loosened something?

I had a problem with my remote trunk switch not working a few years ago (it would only open with the key). I spent countless hours checking out the wiring, "open button" in the glovebox, fuse, relay, etc... I finally found that the problem was a "shorted" wire in the trunk. Apparently a wire had rubbed against the metal "frame" of the trunk every time he trunk door opened, until it exposed the metal wire beneath the insulation. This caused the fuse to blow. You could have something similar going on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would check any problem areas for a loose or frayed ground wire. If you don't have a good ground to these areas you will surely be blowing fuses. Check the Fuse Panel, Trunk Release, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts