Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my interior lights... its burning all the fuses i put for the interior lighting...every new fuse i put only last bout 2 3 minutes and then it burns it up...does anyone know what goin on with this problem???please let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
just dome lights and curtesy lights, or dash lights and cd player? does your cig lighter work? done ANYTHING electrical within the last few months?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1995 chevy impala electrical problem

the interior lights,the cig lighter, and the door locks doesnt function at all....the door locks work with my alarm but thats it...the fuses are getting burned everytime i put new one in....everything else works...dash, cd player, etc. what can it be???

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
How many interior bulbs does your car have? Try removing all of them and then put in a new fuse. If the fuse works for a day then the problem is after the bulb(s). If you have more than one bulb, then try one bulb at a time and this will help as to which bulb has the problem. Make sure to change to a different bulb if you find one does blow the fuse then remove that bulb and try a different bulb socket and repeat the test. It is most likely a hot wire that has a rub in the insulation and touching the car body and being a slow leak it takes a while for the fuse to heat up and blow. You could also measure the voltage to each socket and that may tell you which line has the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts