Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Buick Roadmaster 350 2 Wheel Drive. I put a new transmission in it but the speedometer dont work. The car does not have a Distributor or a coil. Instead it has a Crank Trigger in the front. All of the Spark plug wires go from the spark plugs themselves and go around to the front of the motor right above the Crankshaft Pulley. So my question is this: How do I hook up a Tachometer (rpm) if it does not have a Distributor or a Coil?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the tachometer should'nt have anything to do with a dizzy or a coil.

Sound like the vehicle speed sensor for that car is either not hooked up underneath or it's defective. Not sure exactly where it is, but that sounds like your problem.

or your instrument panel cluster is crap.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This thread may help... http://www.9c1.com/technical/KRolt_tach_install.htm

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 95 Buick Roadmaster 350 2 Wheel Drive. I put a new transmission in it but the speedometer dont work. The car does not have a Distributor or a coil. Instead it has a Crank Trigger in the front. All of the Spark plug wires go from the spark plugs themselves and go around to the front of the motor right above the Crankshaft Pulley. So my question is this: How do I hook up a Tachometer (rpm) if it does not have a Distributor or a Coil?
That thing you call a crank trigger is infact a distributer. It is called a Optispark. It sounds like the wire harness to the speed sensor is not working or you have a bad sensor. You will find this on the transmission on the tail shaft on the drivers side. What year did the transmmision come from. 94-95 cars are about the same, but 96 cars have the sensor on the pass side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts